Summer, summer, summer timeee ...is fast approaching (did you sing that? :P) and if it's anything like last year it's bound to be a scorcher! Without the luxury of a garden this time around I want to make sure that we still make the most of it and so thought a mini bucket list spin off in the form of this summer check list would be appropriate!
Alongside each activity I would like to partake in you can see I have found the items that would help me complete those...however, maybe I'll have to save up and save this list until next summer to complete it ! haha
Summer 2014 Check List!
1. The main thing I want to do is have a family picnic, just Jake, Baker and I! Every time we're in TX Maxx I look at the gorgeous traditional style picnic baskets. Admit it, sandwich bags in a backpack don't have the same appeal as a little wicker basket and I've actually fallen in love with this one! Of course, we need a cosy blanket to sit on too!
2. Camping! It's something I've only done once and not even properly to tell the truth! (We ended up sleeping in the car..) So as we have a tent, I'd like a new pretty sleeping bag to keep us warm and comfy. Oh we can't forget Baker either because of course camping is something that he can come along and enjoy the fun of too so he could do with his very own doggy sleeping bag.
3. Make more homemade goodies for both us and the dog! Last summer was like drawing blood from a stone trying to get Baker to drink water so I made these, remember? I really enjoyed the biscuits I made for him for Easter too and as always love baking cakes for us, what would be more scrummy to pack in our pincic basket than that! However, I do need a new lolly mold. I like this one personally but look at all the fancy, cute ones you can get too!
4. Go swimming! Be it in our little paddling pool we have for Baker or to an actually lesuire centre swimming baths, I need to go swimming! I love it and haven't been for at least a year now. What would make it even more fun would to be dressed like Minnie Mouse while doing it!
5. Find new places to explore with Baker. This one might not happen right away, but we are so fed up of the same old boring city fields and need to have more days away adventuring the country and seaside. I really need a little walking bag to take along with me too as using the pockets of my big parka jacket won't be possible when the heat sets it - I just don't know whether to go subtle and 90s or all out pro walker!
A couple extras things I couldn't leave out but would most certainly be welcomed for our summer are:
These amazing sunglasses for Jake made from recycled skateboards! He seems to think he could make his own but lets get real..haha
And an abundance of citronella everything to keep the pesky mosquitoes and flies away from us. I like to burn incense best, though Jake isn't keen so he'd probably prefer the candle but I must say this smelly jelly would be most practical for days away and especially our picnics!
What are your hopes and plans for this summer? Do you have a bucket list or wish list? Share them with me in the comments!
Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. I make little to nothing from them but anything I do in the future will be put back into the blog via giveaways or used to help us doing something to blog about!