You will need:
250 grams soft butter
2 teaspoons vanilla
175 ml milk
2 tablespoons golden syrup
1 x 397 grams can condensed milk
800 grams granulated sugar
Small Bowl of Iced Water
12x8 / 10x10 tin.
Now the rest is surprisingly easy...
- Literally dump it all into your pan, minus the vanilla and keep stirring until it comes through the boil.
- Keep stirring while the mixture boils for about 20 minutes until it turns to the recognizable golden colour.
- At this stage take some on your spoon and let a drop fall into the ice water. If it's now a soft form-able solid state you may remove it from the heat carefully...if not keep stirring! (Ours took about 30mins, it all depends of your pan).
- Once removed from the heat you can add your vanilla!
- This step is alot easier with an electric whisk, however if you don't have one or if yours is in storage with all of your other possessions like me make sure there are more people willing to take turns while you whisk the heck out of the mixture until it's a similar texture to stiff peanut butter.
- The time has come to pour it into your tray, smooth it down and pop it in the fridge. Don't leave it there too long though or it'll set too hard. (Check it between an hour and 2 hours).
Finally cut it into squares and gobble it up until you feel sick! Well maybe best not to do that, but that's what I did.
We actually ended up sending a box into my Mams work and a box into my Dad's work because there was just so much of it! So do beware that these ingredients make a big batch. I think it's a really fun idea as a little homemade part of a gift for someone. You know in a Pinterest style jar, with a ribbon around it. haha
Let me know if you try/have tried making Vanilla Fudge and send photos!