1,209,600 seconds,20,160 minutes,
Its only a fortnight until D-day and the hype is getting higher! Imagine a kid a Christmas that has had too many sweeties crossed with someone who hasn't seen a loved one in many years - that's me right now.
We have our Euros, the tickets are en route, hotel and trains for Newcastle are booked and the bags are next in line. One thing missing from my travel organizer however, was a shopping list. I thought I'd share it with you while putting it together if that's okay?!
1. A Christmas Decoration - A now yearly tradition in our house (well for me anyway 'cause Jake strongly dislikes Disney) is getting a new Disney Store Christmas decoration with the year on. I thought that this year it would be cool if instead of getting it from the Disney store, I could get one at DLP making it extra special!
2. An Engraved Necklace - Last Disney visit, one of my most sentimental souvenirs was a personalized necklace with my name and the year on it. This year I want to get a very similar one but obviously with 2014 on it haha.
3. Autograph Books - Duh! Last time I filled up my first one at light speed hence the pluralization. Oh and if you saw my last countdown post you'll know I'm a character hunter and will most certainly make use of them straight away, so this will be our very first purchase.
4. Collectible Coins - As shown above.
5. Limited Edition Soft Toy - If you know me, like really know me, you know I like anything different to what others have and am a big lover of anything limited edition and Disney combined. In 2010 I was so lucky and excited to nab the most beautiful Steam Boat Willie Mickey [third along on top row] and he needs a friend!
6. Disney Parks Pandora Charm - My Pandora/Chamilia is very special to me containing gifts from my parents and Jake of mainly Disney charms so THESE had better blimin' be at the Paris park too because why is everything usually only for America!?! Argg.
7. Halloween themed ..something! - Well we are going at Halloween time and I love the Haunted Mansion. Maybe a photo frame... I suppose I'll just have to wait and see what there is and you will have to wait and see until I come back and do a haul post.
8. Ears - The most obvious one. I had a huge Minnie Princess hat and a piglet headband in 2010 and remember the struggle of choosing just them. I see so many people with sparkly Minnie ears and the like but as you've just learned I don't like to have what everyone else has! I'm really looking forward to picking out my 2014 head gear with my Mam :)
9. Pins - I don't participate in pin trading or even collecting. I just like to have yet another momento that shows the date as well as the hotel I stayed in. I really don't know why I only bought one hotel pin last time as I also stayed in the Disneyland Hotel for part of my stay. Maybe one day I'll convince Jake to go and we'll stay there and collect that pin! Can you guess which hotel we are staying in this time...?
10. Gifts - Not many as I've saved hard for the little spending money I do have and haven't really anyone to buy for anyways. Jake isn't bothered, the bah humbug he is but I want to fetch him at least a little something back as well as something for my amazing Dad. And Baker!!
There we have it. A little hint at what you can expect to see in a little haul post when I get back. I have saved my pennies in a tin all year and as this trip is for my 24th birthday, the worlds greatest Dad has added to the pot too.
At first I'd planned on carting back a load of homeware goods to scatter even more Disney through out the house but after sitting down and working out what I really wanted I think that a) I wouldn't be able to afford it and b) probably would have issues travelling back with anything too big, bulky or breakable seeing as we are flying this time.
Thanks for reading this little mini series guys and for not telling me to just shut the heck up about it all. I haven't had a holiday for 4 years and Disney is a huge deal in my life, so its a big thing for me.
Look out for the last Countdown to Disney in the coming fortnight!