Monday, 29 December 2014
Life Lately // December
Readying myself for 2015. This year really has seen us emerge from Underland to the beginings of our Wonderland and I'm hoping we can work even harder to persue our dreams in the following months. I'm ready to get straight back onto the job hunt and do what I can to make extra money so that we can begin to do nice things together and go nice places (Kielder again for example!), hopefully get tattooed alot more, as well as put more effort into my charitable work. Maybe another crazy event like my Skydive..hmm..!
How much the festive spirit has changed in me since I have gotten older for one and lost my Granda. I'm not being a Scrooge or anything and it's not like I don't love giving out gifts and stuff but it really just isn't the same anymore. Maybe it's different for those with big families, or kids at least but apart from gift giving and a big dinner, it's really not much different to a normal day these days.
I have to say though, that I am so grateful for my Nana being well enough and have her wheelchair be able to fit so she could come and visit my house for the first time. Jake and I have lived in 4 different places now and this is the first time she has been to any. It was lovely having her here to have her dinner and see Baker give her kisses.
Our 'new' living room! In this house we have two rooms that can be described as living rooms and we've been using the extension one that is at the back of our house and open plan with the kitchen.
However I thought that our little tree was going to waste sat in an empty room by itself and with that room being smaller it would be warmer.
It was a little bit stressful shifting stuff though and switching wires but it's so worth it. I love it and can't wait until I get a new sofa and TV so we can have a sitting room each!!
How everything comes at once - and always in winter! Between phones breaking, internet not working and Baker breaking his bed, the last couple months loads of stuff that costs money or causes inconvenience has been happening. Not only that but for some reason the factory Jake works at has been (weirdly) up to date with orders meaning no overtime and therefore no spare money at the end of the month after bills... At Christmas time of all times, this isn't the best situation.
- I don't think I've mentioned it but I put together my own photographic calendar this year and people actually bought them! It's so weird to think people are going to have my photos hanging in the houses. (Thank you if you were one of the amazing people to buy one.)
- The very last post from my 2014 Disneyland Paris trip was published! You can click HERE to see all of the posts in one place.
- Underland to Wonderland is now a .com!! (It's only taken 3 years and 32 days :P)
- I've realized over the past month how amazing the handful of friends I have are. They are all worth a million friends and are so thoughtful.
- For the first time in forever, I was asked to put together a guest post for someone. You can check out my '10 Reasons Dogs are Awesome' on Dee's blog here!
- And that's it. November and December have been quiet months for us...look out for the next Life lately in February!